The Ka-Na-Chi-Hih Treatment Centre is a safe place from physical, emotional, or mental harm and all residents attending will be treated with equal care and respect.
- The Right to Confidentiality
- The Right to a Well Thought Out & Culturally-Oriented Treatment Program
- The Right to Participate in All Treatment Conference Planning
- Specifically, pre-treatment conferences, scheduled treatment plan development conferences, and any subsequent conferences where treatment planning is being discussed and modified.
- The Right to Have Reasonable Access to Necessities
- At no time will residents be deprived of food, shelter, or clothing.
- The Right to have Choice
- In programming and treatment planning.
- The Right to Speak Your First Language
- This includes having supports available to do so, where possible.
- The Right to Quality of Care
- This includes consistent availability of caring and attentive staff who can respond appropriately to your needs.
- The Right to On-Going Contact with Family & Community Members
While you stay at Ka-Na-Chi-Hih, you have many rights that are to be respected by management, staff, and other clients. During your stay, you are also expected to follow rules in order to maintain a safe and healthy environment for the other clients.
- Clients shall refrain from using all mind-altering substances while at Ka-Na-Chi-Hih.
- Clients will refrain from possessing, using, or distributing any form of contraband while at Ka-Na-Chi-Hih.
- Disruptive, violent, aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Clients are not permitted any weapons (guns, knives, crossbows, restricted or prohibited weapons) on the premises of Ka-Na-Chi-Hih.
- Clients are expected to actively participate in all aspects of treatment and treatment-related activities.
- Willful damage to Ka-Na-Chi-Hih property or others’ personal property will not be tolerated.
- Clients will respect the privacy and boundaries of both clients and staff during their stay at Ka-Na-Chi-Hih. (e.g., no touching, personal space).
- Clients will behave in a responsible and respectful manner on and off Ka-Na-Chi-Hih property.
- Clients are not permitted to sell, trade, or barter personal items.
- Clients will be permitted personal phone calls only at their scheduled times and will be monitored. Family may call throughout the week.
- Food and beverages will only be allowed in designated areas.
- No purchasing or consuming of any sort of energy drinks/powders will be permitted at Ka-Na-Chi-Hih.
- Clients are not allowed to access unrelated treatment areas without staff supervision.
- Smoking will only be allowed in designated areas and at scheduled times. Clients under the age of 19 will not be granted the purchase of cigarettes.
- There will be no purchasing/using of vapes on the premises.
- A leave of absence without permission may be considered a voluntary discharge and will be dealt with accordingly.
- Clients are not permitted to bring cellphones, iPods, iPads/tablets, laptops, or any other form of communicative devices to treatment. MP3 players are allowed for music only and explicit music is prohibited.
- Any devices highlighted above found at admission will be stored and safely secured until the discharge process
- Clients are expected to keep themselves and their living quarters clean. It is the responsibility of the client to do their own laundry and bedding, which should be changed weekly.
- Clients are expected to abide by the scheduled wake up and bedtimes for programming purposes.
- At no times will clients engage in teasing, bullying, and/or harassment of any kind.
A client in breach of the treatment program rules and expectations can be immediately discharged under the discretion of the clinical team, treatment services manager, and chief executive officer. All clients are expected to adhere to the rules, policies, and procedures at Ka-Na-Chi-Hih in order to not jeopardize others progress in healing.